We take our obligations and responsibilities seriously. And we appreciate that to deliver and manage the expectations of all our stakeholders we need firm guidance in place to help us.
- The firm’s assets are our people, the FSN Funds’ investor franchise and our reputation. If any of these is ever diminished, our reputation is the most difficult to restore.
- Integrity and honesty are at the heart of who we are. We maintain high ethical standards in everything we do, and we take pride in living by these standards, both in our work for our firm and in our personal lives.
- Success is measured by the return to the investors. The return to investors is our first priority, followed by the interests of the firm, and then ourselves.
- We strive to deliver trend shift through transforming portfolio companies into better and more sustainable companies.
- In order to be the best firm, we seek to recruit, develop, empower and reward the best people. We believe in meritocracy.
- Teamwork and collaboration are the core of our modus operandi. We are a one-team firm and believe that the team has greater impact than the sum of the impact of the individuals.
- We nurture a winning culture with a strong competitive and entrepreneurial team spirit and with individuals characterised by drive, creativity, commitment and dedication, working towards common goals.
- We take great pride in the professionalism, quality and timeliness of our work. We have an uncompromising determination to achieve excellence in everything we undertake and believe in individual accountability and responsibility.
- We always face up to the brutal facts and tell the truth as we see it, with direct communication, within our firm, in our portfolio companies and to our investors. We pride ourselves on our ability to avoid “group thinking” and promote and process intellectual dissent. We always treat each other, portfolio company organisations and other stakeholders with respect.
- We thrive on positive dissatisfaction and always search for and seize the opportunity to grow and improve our investments, our firm, each other and ourselves.
- We are determined to secure the longevity of our firm.
The Ten Principles of the UN Global Compact
Principle 1: Businesses should support and respect the protection of internationally proclaimed human rights; and
Principle 2: make sure that they are not complicit in human rights abuses.
Principle 3: Businesses should uphold the freedom of association and the effective recognition of the right to collective bargaining;
Principle 4: the elimination of all forms of forced and compulsory labour;
Principle 5: the effective abolition of child labour; and
Principle 6: the elimination of discrimination in respect of employment and occupation.
Principle 7: Businesses should support a precautionary approach to environmental challenges;
Principle 8: Undertake initiatives to promote greater environmental responsibility; and
Principle 9: encourage the development and diffusion of environmentally friendly technologies.
Principle 10: Businesses should work against corruption in all its forms, including extortion and bribery.